Fequently Asked Questions
- Q. How much does it cost?
A. Pricing is based on the number of mobile devices you are using the InspectARide app on to conduct inspections. It starts at $40 USD/month ($400 USD/year) for one device, and the cost for each additional device decreases as you add more devices to as low as $10 USD per device. See the full pricing breakdown here
- Q. How much does it cost per vehicle?
A. You do not pay per vehicle with InspectARide and there is no limit to how many vehicles you have.
- Q. How long is the contract?
A. There is no contract with InspectARide. Once you set up your monthly or annual subscription you can cancel at any time.
- Q. Can I cancel at any time?
A. Yes. There are no long term commitments and you can cancel at any time.
What's Included/What Can I Do?
- Q. What checklists are included?
A. There are over 20 prebuilt templates included with the app. You can uses these templates as is or can customize them and create your own. Here is the full list of prebuilt templates:
- Basic Vehicle (65 Points)
- Daily Vehicle (16 Points)
- Quick Vehicle (8 Points)
- Box Truck Inspection (61 Points)
- Brake Inspection (20 Points)
- Cargo Van Basic Inspection (59 Points)
- Cosmetic Inspection (26 Points)
- Daily Box Truck Inspection (22 Points)
- Daily Cargo Van Inspection (20 Points)
- Detailed Vehicle (160 Point)
- Electric Vehicle (65 Points)
- Exterior Inspection (19 Points)
- Glass Inspection (13 Points)
- Hybrid Vehicle (71 Points)
- Mechanical Inspection (20 Points)
- Motorcycle (48 Points)
- Pickup Truck (67 Points)
- Pre-Purchase (65 Points)
- Pre-Purchase (160 Points)
- Repossession Template (31 Points)
- Tire Inspection (17 Points)
- Q. How much storage do I get?
A. You get 10GB for the first device on your account and an additional 2GB for each additional device you have.
- Q. What type of support is available?
A. Your subscription includes access to technical support. Email is the standard form of support, however, phone support is available in specific cases. We also have many online support resources which include videos and step-by-step written instructions.
- Q. Does it scan VINs?
A. Yes! The app has a built-in VIN scanner that makes it easy to scan the VIN of the vehicle you are inspecting. Once the VIN is scanned it is then decoded to save even more time.
- Q. Can I create my own checklist?
A. Yes, you are able to create your own checklists and it is easy to do. You can start from scratch or modify one of the prebuilt templates. Here is a 9 minute video that shows how to do it.
- Q. Can I change how the report looks?
A. There are multiple options for customizing the report format. This includes adding a logo, picking a color scheme, adding a summary, including a cover page and more.
- Q. How can InspectARide help me?
A. If you need to do any type of vehicle inspection and you want to do it electronically using a fast and easy app, then you’re going to love InspectARide. InspectARide helps you quickly conduct your inspections and create professional reports that are easy to understand. All inspections are then stored online for quick and easy access.
- Q. Who is this for? Is InspectARide for me?
A. InspectARide is used by organizations that need a fast and easy way to conduct inspections on vehicles. Here are some of the organizations we help every day:
- Organizations with Fleets – Our most popular application is organizations with smaller fleets using the program to simplify their inspections. Quickly add your vehicles to the system, use one of our prebuilt checklists (or create your own) and start inspecting right away! All your inspections are stored online and can be easily accessed.
- Service/Repair Shops – Check vehicles in quickly and easily maintain the necessary documentation with InspectARide!
- Independent Inspectors – Quickly create professional reports with pictures that give your clients all the information they need about their vehicles.
- Repossession – Use our checklist set up specifically for repossession inspections (and tweak as needed) which makes it fast and easy for you to get started with the app. Stop carrying around a clipboard and quickly do inspections on your phone or tablet. This saves you time and gives you better documentation with pictures.
- Mobile Mechanic – Use a phone or tablet to inspect the vehicles you work on. As a mobile mechanic, you understand the value of mobile and a mobile app for inspections is a valuable addition to your toolbox.
- Detailers – Want an easy way to do a before and after inspection with pictures? InspectARide makes this easy and allows you to get clear documentation on the condition of the vehicle before and after you worked your magic. This makes it easy for you to show off your work and protect you against customers who blame you for pre-existing damage.
- Others - Dealerships, specialty shops, and more!
A. The 7 day trial is fully functional and gives you access to everything the program has to offer. It allows you to do inspections, create reports, customize inspection templates and set your account up the way you want. You can activate your subscription at any time during or after the trial to continue to take advantage of the benefits InspectARide offers.
A. You set up your subscription by logging in to your account here. Once logged in, you’ll tap the ‘Activate Subscription’ button, decide whether you want to pay monthly or save 17% by paying annually, select the number of devices you need and then enter payment information. After that you’re ready to go.
A. The mobile app runs on iPhones, iPads and Android phones and tablets. You can access the online portal from any device that has a web browser.
A. This is a great question. There isn't one device that works 'best' for everyone, but there is probably a device or two that will work ‘best’ for you. The good news is that you have LOTS of options to choose from. First, you'll want to consider your own personal preferences for factors such as phone vs tablet, iOS vs Android, etc. Once you have an idea of what fits your goals, you'll want to make sure you get a quality device. When buying a phone or tablet there is definitely truth in the saying 'You get what you pay for'.
- Q. What is the format of the inspection reports?
A. The reports are created in PDF format. This makes them universally accessible by everyone who needs to view them.
- Q. What does the report look like?
A. There are two main report formats to choose from: Standard and Compact. Once you choose which format you want, you have options to customize it to the way you want by adding your logo, choosing a report color, choosing the size you want pictures to appear and more. Check out a sample Standard report and a sample Compact report.
- Q. Do you integrate with other systems?
A. We do not integrate with other software systems.
- Q. Can I purchase more storage?
A. Yes! You can purchase more storage at the rate of $5 USD/month ($50 USD/year) for an additional 10GB of storage.